Saturday, June 18, 2011

Super Saturday

It has been one busy day!  The girls and I had a nice quiet breakfast.  Then they played with the paper plate masks I made.  Nothing fancy at all, just some faces on plates.  Toby got this picture while the girls "arred" like pirates:


This morning we wrangled two frustrating two year olds into their clothes and the stroller.  We walked up town to the farmers' market.  Toby hit the baked goods as always and I found some mint.  I also got a free bar of soap because my name was the name of the day.  Surprise!  It's a lovely handmade soap and is scented with barberry spice.  The girls munched on blueberry muffins while we walked to the grocery store for the veggies we didn't find at the market.  It's too early yet, I guess. 

After unloading the stroller, we had lunch - complete with time out for Thalia.  She really likes to throw her food around.  Then a lovely, long naptime.  Snack and Caillou led into going to Nana's.  Nana was gracious enough to watch the girls so that we could have a date night.  That turned into a "let's redo the front flower bed" night.  As an added bonus, Nana cut the girls' bangs tonight!  WE ADORE NANA!

This:


Is now this:


I still have to dig out the dead weeds between the flagstones.  That is one disgustingly slow task.  I should be able to get it done in a few nights, though.  I really only get to work out front when the girls are in bed or at the sitter's.  We have a busy street running out front.  I can't watch the girls and get anything done.  Fenrir has been my yardwork buddy.  He's getting better about not freaking out when people go by.  For an 80+ pound lab/husky mix, he is one big weenie.  That's about all for now.  I hope that some of that gardening makes up for the muffins and raspberry bread we had today.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment