Monday, June 13, 2011

I am not a SAHM

I respect SAHM's a lot, but I just can't be one.  It will make me crazy and the kids will be miserable.  I'm feeling a bit guilty about being so delighted to drop the girls off at the sitter.  However, I have gotten things done today and I still have time and patience for more.  The bushes in the front beds have been pruned, clippings raked, weeds sprayed with poison, potted plants moved to their new locations, dressers cleaned out, lunch made, and I'm still going.  It's so much easier when I don't have to referee two little ones.  Again, I feel a bit bad for not being the supermom who can handle it all and whip up a beautiful cake, but not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. Just because you are a sahm or a work outside the home mom doesn't define you as a mother. I think you are a great mom, and you have to do what works for you, your family, and your household.
    I am home most of the time with the kids, but sometimes I go to my shop just to work in peace. I love the days where I can go without my kids just so I can clear my head a bit. Sometimes I will go somewhere, and I will not take my kids with me. When they ask me, I tell them I need a few hours to myself so I can be a better mommy.

    ReplyDelete