Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grandma H.

Unfortunately, we lost your Grandma H. to ovarian cancer before you were born.  I think of her often every day.  We were so close and it is really hard knowing that you won't get to meet her.  So, here are some of the things I remember most.

Her sense of humor.  She was a lot of fun.  She was always Mom and you didn't cross certain lines, but she was fun.  When I was little, she'd dance with me and we'd play Barbies.  She used to kiss my ear before bed and say, "Yuck, rutabagas!" 

I find myself using lots of the same things she did.   When you're upset, I pick you up and rock you the same way she used to rock your cousins.  When you talk, I say the same things she used to say to babies.  We eat some of the same lunches and I can't wait until we can have pb and banana sandwiches for lunch...with a big glass of milk. 

There's so much more to tell and I know you'll know her through the stories you'll hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment