Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pancake Sunday - Apple Edition

It's Sunday and that means pancakes at our house.  I love pancakes.  Easy to make and fun to play with.  Today I didn't have any milk, but I did have apple juice.  So, I experimented. 

Apple Yogurt Pancakes

dry ingredients:
1.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
salt to taste
healthy dose of cinnamon

wet ingredients:
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 cup applesauce (this is a guess because we had the little cups - I used two)
1/2 cup yogurt
2 eggs
splash vanilla
apple juice (until the texture is right)

Mix wet ingredients into dry.  The cooking temp/time was a bit of a challenge.  These burned a bit while cooking.  I turned the heat just below medium and they still burned a bit. I think maybe I need to make tiny pancakes instead of the medium sized ones I like.



No comments:

Post a Comment